Monday, March 23, 2015

NEJM Open Forum: Identifying and Preventing Occupational Burnout

Hey guys, happy Monday!

I've been asked to be a moderator for a New England Journal of Medicine open forum discussion on “Identifying and Preventing Occupational Burnout." I have personally experienced burnout, so it's very important to me to avoid burnout and help my peers do the same. (It's also important to laugh about it.) So I'm honored by the invitation and very excited to participate in the discussion. 

This is actually part 2 of a 6 part discussion. This part is led by the American Medical Women's Association (AMWA) and will focus on the specific challenges that cause female physicians to burn out. As a moderator, I'll be posting some [hopefully] thought-provoking questions and topics and responding to comments. Everyone is welcome to participate (or just lurk, if that's your thing). The topic kicks off tomorrow (Tuesday March 24th) at 6AM EST. Click here to see the conversation!

(There are a lot of other interesting topics already underway, so I encourage you to check those out as well.) 

Please share your experiences with burnout in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments?